Friday, June 17, 2016

I'm back from Ukraine

As the title suggests, I have recently returned from Ukraine. I was a Peace Corps Volunteer with Peace Corps Ukraine for the last year. While in Ukraine, I learned a lot about Ukrainian customs and the Ukrainian people. Did you know that you are supposed to make a wish when you have two Tanyas together?

I was taking one class a semester while I was in Ukraine, and I hope to get some of that material posted in the next few weeks.

Despite recently returning, I have started my LIS Practicum, which is where I learn practical skills in a library environment. Most students chose to do their practicum in the same style of library they want to work in, so someone looking to get their certification and become a school media coordinator would do their practicum at a school media center, and someone looking for their public library certificate would do their practicum at a public library. Something that greatly interests me is archives, so I wanted a practicum with a special collection or an archive. I was selected to work with the Special Collections and Archives at Z. Smith Reynolds Library, Wake Forest University for my practicum. I am currently reading and learning material related to the running of archives and the preservation of materials within archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment